Monday, January 12, 2009

It's been a long time.

I haven't updated this in forever!  I've been pretty busy though.  In October I got married, went on a honeymoon, moved to a different state & have been working on my career.  Then, the holidays happened.  So, now it's time to focus on my health again (although that isn't much of an excuse).  

To date I've lost 67 pounds.  Not bad, but not fantastic.  I haven't lost much more since the wedding.  The seasons influence my decision on what to eat.  In the summer, I'm totally cool with eating a fresh crisp salad, but in the winter I can't help wanting a hearty soup every once in a while.  It's my downfall.

I went through our kitchen today, gathered all of our food & calculated the amount of weight watcher points for each item.  I was surprised to see that we didn't have a single thing that was bad for you.  We have a small pack of truffles that were given to us for Christmas, but I have a feeling they're going to be thrown away soon.  Since living on our own & buying our own groceries, Justin & I have found that we are generally attracted to food items that are meatless.  Slowly our diet has become mostly vegetarian.  The only time we eat meat is if we eat over at someone else's place.  I have a feeling that in the near future we will convert to a strictly vegetarian diet.  Now that we only eat meat once every few weeks, we notice that we don't like the way that meat feels when it's being digested.  We'll see what happens.

I need to start writing down what I eat again.  I'm going to start back up today.

Trader Joes Chocolate Yogurt (3 points)
Trader Joes Low Fat Vanilla Granola (1.5 points)
1 Trader Joes Whole Wheat Tortilla (2 points)
1 cucumber &  3 grape tomatoes (0 points)
1 TBSP. Whole Foods Red Pepper Hummus (2 points)
1 Pumpkin Chocolate No Pudge Brownie (2 points)

Total Points today: 10.5 points

* Best Christmas present:  a new scale!


No comments: