Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fitting Room Confessionals




So us DeRolf's (meaning my sister & I) have this thing we do. We photograph ourselves in outfits that we try on in fitting rooms. Why? Because when you look at yourself in a fitting room mirror you try convincing yourself that an item of clothing looks okay, even if it doesn't. You stand in front of that mirror & you suck in your gut.... you turn to the side.... you say, well maybe if I wear it with a tank top underneath it won't look as clingy. If you snap a photo, it gives you a much better idea of what you actually look like in something. Sometimes we even send each other photos of things we've tried on to ask each other's opinions. I've gathered a rather nice collection of images on my phone of myself in various fitting rooms. Anthropologie has the best lighting.

Fitting rooms get easier with every pound I lose. They used to be terrifying. Buying a size 28 pair of pants isn't very fun. It really isn't. Some days I miss the ease of Lane Bryant. I knew that I could always go there and get what I needed. Their quality was nice, prices were okay & the fit was perfect. Now, I have NO idea where to shop. I used to complain that I couldn't shop in the regular sizes at Target, now I can buy anything I want in the store. It's almost overwhelming.

No comments: