Monday, September 14, 2009

Back again.

I ate bad & didn't feel like facing the truth. I ignored this little blog for a few days, but mostly I was ignoring a bad eating habit. The truth is, I eat terrible once a month. Once a month, when I am PMSing I eat bad but not TERRIBLE. A year ago I would of eaten TERRIBLE, but now I've learned how to let myself cheat every once in a while.

This month, on labor day, I went to a steak house with family. I felt like splurging & ordered the blue cheese steak sandwich. Holy crap is that bad for you. Turns out, I could only eat a quarter of it. My stomach just won't eat food that rich anymore, let alone beef. Honestly, I think I eat meat MAYBE once a week. Justin & I tend to eat more vegetarian, and don't seek out "not eating meat", it's just how we eat. So, I ate my quarter of the sandwich and took the rest of it home in a little styrofoam box. The next morning I woke up and threw the box in the garbage. Why eat leftovers just for the sake of eating them? Not going to happen.

Since that day I've slowly got back on track. Justin & I have been VERY busy and we haven't had time to make it to the grocery store. I've been eating low fat bean burritos for lunch for about a week now.

I went to the popcorn fest. on Saturday. I didn't eat a single thing. In fact, I bought dried veggies, dried cinnamon apples & fresh peanut butter from a booth (to bring home). That's it. After that, we went to Panera where I ate a cup of the low fat black bean soup & 1/2 a greek salad.

With time I realize that I am making smarter decisions when it comes to food. I still love food with a passion, I just love myself more.

What I ate today:

Instant Grits w/ cinnamon
Coffee w/ fat free creamer & Splenda

Low Fat bean burrito w/ salsa & black beans
Dried cinnamon apples

Hazelnut coffee from Panera w/ half and half (my little splurge every once in a while) and Splenda

Then, since I had a bridal consultation at Panera in the evening, I brought dinner home for Justin & I.

Low Fat Veggie soup & 1/2 Greek salad.
1/4 cup frozen yogurt w/ tsp. of peanut butter.


*I could live with eating only peanut butter for the rest of my life. Good protein if you don't eat much meat & fantastic fats. Yummers.

No comments: