Tuesday, September 1, 2009

yum yum yum.

Today I made a recipe from Clean Eating Magazine for dinner: Salmon Corn Chowder & cornbread.

The Salmon Corn Chowder is only 210 calories, 4.5 grams of fat & has 3 grams of fiber in a 1 1/2 cup serving. I ate a small bowl full, but didn't go back for seconds. I was super full! Justin & I both were, which is rare. The cornbread consists of mostly corn meal & whole wheat flower. It came out to be 80 calories, 0.5 grams of fat & 3 grams of fiber for a 2 inch square. I had two servings of cornbread with my soup.

That is 4 points for my soup & 2 points for 2 servings of cornbread. That's only 6 points for dinner! Well, add another point for the grapes. That's not bad at all!!! Let me say it again, I highly recommend Clean Eating Magazine.


What I ate today:

Oatmeal w/ raisins
coffee w/ fat free creamer (all day basically)

Cashew Ginger Carrot Soup
Turkey & fat free cheddar on whole wheat bread

1 cheese stick

Salmon Corn Chowder
2 squares corn bread
a handful of grapes

1 cup of Cappuccino Chip Frozen Yogurt

No comments: