Saturday, January 2, 2010

Back to Normal.

So, today was a good day. I cleaned half of the apartment to my liking & will finish the rest tomorrow. When I mean clean, I mean- dust the spices & reorganize the closets... as well as the normal cleaning. I feel like in order to start off 2010 in the right direction, I needed to do this.

I ate well today, but I did notice being terribly hungry at times. 5 o'clock rolled around & I thought to myself "FOOD NOW!". It also helps that I'm reading "Half Assed", a weight loss memoir.

Today I ate...

Strawberry Activia yogurt w/ half a serving of the Kashi GoLean Crunch! cereal
a salad for lunch w/ a slice of less fat cheddar in it & a serving of fat free cottage cheese

For dinner we made the Squashtastic Shepherd's Pie from the Hungry Girl cookbook (LOVE IT!). It consists of Boca meat, a bunch of veggies & a layer of pureed butternut squash on top (although I mix in some pureed sweet potatoes too). Before that we had a giant bowl of salad w/ very green lettuce (the more it looks like actual leaves, the more I like it), tomatoes, peppers, cranberries, raisins, walnuts & clementines. It was good, but even after dinner, I probably could have piled in a lot more food. I just had to tell myself "only one portion, no seconds, remember this is how you lost weight the first time".

Then w/ a cup of coffee I ate one serving of animal crackers (13 crackers to be exact).

Today was good... and I'm just going to take it one day at a time.

No comments: