Monday, January 24, 2011

Yogurt & Babies

OK yogurt. I have a love/hate relationship with you. Some days you taste good but most of the time I have to choke you down. Today I mixed sugar free chocolate pudding with my yogurt. The thing is, my body absolutely DEMANDS that I eat yogurt on a regular basis. I got a yeast infection this week. I would say that is probably the 6th+ vaginal infection I have gotten over the last year. I even take femdopholus which is a higher strain of probiotic bacteria. That's how much my vagina hates me. My guess is that it is a reaction to the enormous amount of sugar I ate over the holidays. I literally just had way too much sugar.

In other news, I met with a midwife today to have a pap smear and a preconception consultation. I just want to make sure I am doing everything I need to be doing to prep my body for a baby. I've been doing a lot of research on doctors in the area & asking other moms who they went to (which is where being a photographer of little kids is kinda helpful). I decided on a group of midwives in Oak Park that have alternative birthing rooms at a hospital. They are overseen by a doctor while in the hospital, but you see them through out our pregnancy and labor. My plan is to have a completely drug free delivery. I do not want to be hooked up to a zillion things & I want to bring my baby into the world while being able to actually feel the delivery (no numb legs please!). I know that you can never fully plan a pregnancy & that there are bound to be surprises, but as of right now I feel pretty positive about where things are.

I'm losing weight though, so that's positive. I'm not sure exactly how much I am down but I am finally under 200 again, so that's good. My goal is 150!

No comments: